Heritage Bantam Thread

Pics
The SOP lists the following weights for Delaware Bantams: Cock 34 oz, Cockerel 30 oz, Hen 30 oz and Pullet 26 oz.
I'm assuming that is the maximum. Other than weight, all other characteristics and disqualifications are the same as for the Large Fowl Delawares.

The SOP lists the following weights for Delaware Bantams: Cock 34 oz, Cockerel 30 oz, Hen 30 oz and Pullet 26 oz.
I'm assuming that is the maximum. Other than weight, all other characteristics and disqualifications are the same as for the Large Fowl Delawares.

Well it was a thought - but they exceeded that at 19 weeks .Thanks

One of the Delaware Bantam pullets was very small for her age and I found her this morning on the floor of their coop. She was gone. She had not appeared to be ill and a necropsy showed everything internally was normal.

The others birds are robust and several of the hens have been laying. Two eggs a day every day. Set 5 eggs under a broody Wyandotte hen and candled today. Four of the five are developing. Collected three eggs today and will gather a few more to go under another broody...a Cochin.

Plans for breed pens will be selecting three hens to go with each rooster and starting both a male and female line.

Its Josh44 Posting From My Bro Mikes BYC account LOL He doesn't mind... Trust me he's completely out of rasing Poultry.
Pics From our Combined Polish Flock ;)

Bearded Frizzle Golden Laced Polish Pullet

Last edited:
Source, Check! But, if you DID, how do you pick yourself good ones (once you start breeding)? When you handle a 'good' silkie, how do they feel? 'cause the fluff gets in the way. Did discover a reason to raise them, if you want to cater to Asian restaurants... something about the black skin, meat, and insides. And, erm, male bits. Particular delicacy, apparently. So they are supposed to be a meat bird... been trying to wrap my brain around that.
Andrew Zar.. something who travels around the world eating bizarre foods on the Food Channel did an episode about 3 or 4 years ago on a Chinese soup made from Silky chickens.

I am looking to get some Nankings from PK Buckett in the spring. He also has a collection of OEG. I am wanting a small broody bantams that I can use to hatch quail eggs. The Nankings are just golden.

I have seen some Golden Lakenvelder eggs on Ebay that are tempting me.

I am curious are the Olandsk Dwarfs considered bantams?

Back
Top Bottom