HE'S DEAD.....but....WHY?!?!?!?!? *Cries*

Pringle_Sussex

Songster
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
Australia
Hey everyone.... i'm really in a sad mood
hit.gif

I went down to the chook pen this morning and... on the floor was my dear rooster "echo"....and....and....he didn't move...he's dead....
sad.png
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

i don't know how he died... he was fine yesterday, there's no peck marks...no diaorreha, nothing that i could think he died of.....
hit.gif

Oh Im very sad for you, i had the same happen with my stepmum chicken a few weeks ago.
Its really bad when you dont expect it, no warning signs etc.
Now because he was a roo did you have any complaints about noise at all?
Is the pen close to fencelines. Any spraying going on??
I wish I could help but when you start to feel better you may be able to discount some causes.
Chickens have a tendency to just fall over on us without warning.
Try to feel better" Hugs"

Quote:
*wipes tears* ok... i'm ok now....
no we didn't have any complaints at all this time, the pen is in the middle of our block of land and because we're in the middle of a drought there isn't any weeds to spray for... *sighs* he was soo beautiful... why do the pretty ones always the first to go?
aww thanx bantymum *hugs*
I've decided... he was such a beautiful creature...i'm going to make a video a tribute to Echo... think its a good idea?

The video would be lovely and a fitting tribute to Echo.
What state are you in, let me guess, SA??drought??
why wont it rain over here, ive had enough of the dry spell, im sure the water quality with chlorine added doesnt help our little ones.
It will rain again wont it???!!

Pringle,
I'm so very sorry about Echo. :aww I look forward to seeing a video about him. He must have been very special and very loved. The only way to find out how he died is to get a necropsy done and I have no idea how you go about that in Australia. One reason chickens just die for no apparent reason is heart attacks. Very common. I had a favorite hen just up and die one day when she had been absolutely fine that morning. I did have a necropsy done and - weird - her liver had burst and she bled to death. Glad I had her tested just to know!!! Again, so sorry for your loss.
sad.png

I'm so sorry.
I remember this handsome fellow from when you posted his picture last month. In fact, I found him to be so spectacular that I saved the pic and it's part of my screensaver slide show. Hopefully you don't mind that I'm using your picture...it's so cute the way he's looking at his hen.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss. :O( I'm right there with you at the moment... we are still trying to recuperate from the loss of our 23 chickens and 1 most favorite duck.

*HugZ* Hang in there...

Cricket

Bantymum-
smile.png
yeah i'm going with inititive and making a tribute video... no i'm in QLD, we had some rain last night at midnight it was short though... but it helps... yeah i just want things to go back to the way they were... summer being stormy and bringing cooling rain...
I keep telling myself 2007 is the end of the drought! if everyone believes this all that positive energy will bring the rain!

tiffanyh- thank you i hope my heart mends soon as well...

KrisRose- yeah he was beautiful, thats why i'm making the vid
hugs.gif

birdlover- truthfully i don't think i want to know how he died since its something internal.. i'd rather think he died peacfully in his sleep. sorry for your loss of your favourite hen, i know she's probably up in chicken heaven having a good cheep cheep with Echo
smile.png

chickbea - i'm glad to hear you thought he was handsome and i'm honoured that you've added his picture to your screensaver slide show.

cricket-
hugs.gif
i wish you all the best cricket.. its sad but comforting to hear that there are others that have gone through the hard times... but if you don't have the bad times, how can you appreciate the good? *hugs* i'll hang in there cricket and i hope you do to!

KrisRose, bantymum and chickbea.... back in the other post of "Echo is a what rooster?"you left some really nice comments of him... i was wanting to know if i have permission to quote those comments? full credibility to you of course?(chickbea is it ok if i use your comment of "handsome fellow"?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom