Hey Everyone!

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
I know I have been gone for a while, only popping in occasionally, but I wanted to let you know that it is not because I have become antisocial. It is because I have been working my butt off this year. I have been working out of town most of the time and the times that I am home, I have been trying to get caught up on all the things around the house that I haven't had time to do.

I still owe Bamachicken pics of the chicks I hatched from her Orps. I will probably do that this weekend when the eggs that I got from hinkjc hatch. I also have two chicks from my son's buff orps that are growing well, as well as two chicks from the first cross for my project to breed white orps. I will post pics of all of them ASAP.

I have two big turkeys that will go in the freezer for Thanksgiving dinner as soon as I have a spare moment to butcher them. We are really looking forward to that.

Does anyone here breed buff ducks? I will get some pics up of the pair of buff ducks that I have. We just love them and want some more!

My boys are growing well and getting bigger everyday. I'll try to get some pics of them at the next stock dog association play day that I go to. (I haven't even been to one of them in several months- NO TIME!)

My work season is drawing to an end and I should be laid off in the next week or two- which is expected and I have actually been looking forward to it- 60 hrs a week this year for the last 8 months straight is starting to wear on me. I look forward to my associations with the people on this board again once layoff comes.

OH- forgot to mention that my brother-in-law, his wife and their three children under the age of five moved in with us this fall for a month. Add that to my family of four including two boys under the age of five in my four bedroom house and you have pure chaos constantly. They found their own place and moved out a few weeks ago so life around here is just getting back to normal.

Hope everyone is doing well! Talk to you soon-

Jared

Last edited:
frow.gif
Glad to see you back on the board. Can't wait to see pics of the orps!

Good to see you're still around and kicking! I need to get some new photos of my sussex from you. They're growing well. I ended up with 2 roos and 1 pullet.

I know what you mean about the season's work load. Tomorrow we're hauling the last of the cows and calves home. We still have some cane feed to bale but then things will finally slow down some for the winter. I'm sure your family will be happy to have you around again.
smile.png

Thanks everyone. It's been a really long year for me, but a good one overall.

I forgot to mention that I also sold my cows this year so I won't have that tying me down anymore like it had been either. It was too hard to help with them on a regular basis after we moved off of the farm and bought our own house last winter. What a relief that they are sold now.

Buster it is good to hear from ya. I thought maybe they were working ya to death. Make sure ya let us know when and where ya post the pics as with the new changes on the board I don't even know where to look for what LOL. But man I been working on learning it LOL.

Welcome back

Back
Top Bottom