Aaron nassery

Songster
Jan 14, 2021
Hey guys, I just found this great forum and had to sign up immediately. I am currently trying to hatch some eggs with absolutely no luck. I’ve done pigeons before. We own a lot of pigeons but chickens isn’t as easy as I thought it would be. The pigeons weren’t very easy either! So I had built my own incubator and I have a thermostat to control the temperature but I am starting to get very discouraged. I don’t have any places near me to buy eggs and I figure I’d go to Trader Joe’s and try them for fun to see what happens. They say “Fertile” on the carton but I wasn’t expecting much. I’ve seen lots of videos of people hatching eggs from there. So since I’m very new to the chicken game, if you guys can give me as much information as you can give me because the internet seems to contradict itself on every other website. I needed some information on what would be the best temperature, what I should change or fix, any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this and taking time to help me out if you do! Looking forward to hear back from many of you. Have a wonderful day!!!!
Ps: I will leave pictures below so you guys can see my terrible homemade incubator and it’s set up. The thermometers are inaccurate on the inside but I’m just using them to read the humidity.

Aaron N.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 6
I raise quail myself. So am not sure the difference between egg hatching, as I know a few do hatch them together. First, what are you using to regulate the temp. Inside the incubator? Do you have a dependable thermometer to check the inside temp for accuracy. I use a couple "scientific" thermometers to set my incubator with. I use the temp at 99.5F and the humitity @ 35% until lockdown.

advice .. the homemade is ok but probably needs work to be stable guessing .. so 1)buy a cheap incubator online as long as its 12egg or more and auto-turns 2) ive had decent luck with ebay eggs, i'd try to order them close to you and 3) really work your temperature out, shoot for 100 and test with multiple thermometers until youre confident its going to be set at the temp very close to where you want it ..

I should maybe invest in a professional made incubator. This is also an experiment and is my first incubator that I put together with some cheap materials. I’ll probably end up buying some more reliable and durable materials and purchase an egg rotator on eBay. But I’m using a thermostat that I bought on eBay. The one I’m using is a W1209 thermostat and the other one that I bought, which is actually a way better one is a XH-w3001. I am buying some quail eggs tomorrow so hopefully I can get sometjing going with those eggs. I just got into this and I’m really into it. I’ll post a pic of both my thermostats

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 5
Oh and my thermostat reads between 99 and 99.8 but my thermometers say 97. I have a thermometer that reads the humidity and the temp together. I might need to get a more accurate thermometer and see what that says

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 4
Hey guys, I just found this great forum and had to sign up immediately. I am currently trying to hatch some eggs with absolutely no luck. I’ve done pigeons before. We own a lot of pigeons but chickens isn’t as easy as I thought it would be. The pigeons weren’t very easy either! So I had built my own incubator and I have a thermostat to control the temperature but I am starting to get very discouraged. I don’t have any places near me to buy eggs and I figure I’d go to Trader Joe’s and try them for fun to see what happens. They say “Fertile” on the carton but I wasn’t expecting much. I’ve seen lots of videos of people hatching eggs from there. So since I’m very new to the chicken game, if you guys can give me as much information as you can give me because the internet seems to contradict itself on every other website. I needed some information on what would be the best temperature, what I should change or fix, any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this and taking time to help me out if you do! Looking forward to hear back from many of you. Have a wonderful day!!!!
Ps: I will leave pictures below so you guys can see my terrible homemade incubator and it’s set up. The thermometers are inaccurate on the inside but I’m just using them to read the humidity.

Aaron N.
20201204_10372515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom