Hey! I'm new lol

meditationcheetah

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2023
NC
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am VERY new to chickens. I got chickens for the first time about four months ago! I got four as 2 week old chicks and I'm so glad to see them growing!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have four, but I'm hoping to get some more one of these days!
(3) What breeds do you have?

I have two Barred Rock hens and two Speckled Sussex hens :)
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

They're super playful and always greet me when I come out!!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Well, I run track, paint, and do volunteer work for the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW).
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have four other pets, three cats and one dog, all house pets :3
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Lately, one of my speckled Sussexs Theodora has been having some heath issues. We keep trying to reach out to poultry vets in our area, but in the meantime I'm trying to piece together what might be going on. All the searching I've done has led me here. So, hopefully some people might be able to give me a little bit of an idea of what's going on. To be clear, I am NOT using this platform as a substitution for the vet. I'm just trying to see if anyone can help me get clarity as me and my family continue to search for professional help.

I've put pictures of one of my barred rocks, Artemis!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4365.jpeg
    IMG_4365.jpeg
    715.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 71666058005__C79EB145-5054-497E-A909-ACDE2CF63435.jpeg
    71666058005__C79EB145-5054-497E-A909-ACDE2CF63435.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 4
  • RenderedImage.jpeg
    RenderedImage.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 4
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am VERY new to chickens. I got chickens for the first time about four months ago! I got four as 2 week old chicks and I'm so glad to see them growing!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have four, but I'm hoping to get some more one of these days!
(3) What breeds do you have?
I have two Barred Rock hens and two Speckled Sussex hens :)
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They're super playful and always greet me when I come out!!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Well, I run track, paint, and do volunteer work for the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW).
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have four other pets, three cats and one dog, all house pets :3
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Lately, one of my speckled Sussexs Theodora has been having some heath issues. We keep trying to reach out to poultry vets in our area, but in the meantime I'm trying to piece together what might be going on. All the searching I've done has led me here. So, hopefully some people might be able to give me a little bit of an idea of what's going on. To be clear, I am NOT using this platform as a substitution for the vet. I'm just trying to see if anyone can help me get clarity as me and my family continue to search for professional help.

I've put pictures of one of my barred rocks, Artemis!!!
Welcome to BYC! :welcome
I love the intro, it's very well written.
Have fun on here!

Back
Top Bottom