Hi from Austin, TX

katdb70

Chirping
10 Years
May 29, 2010
Austin, TX
Hey, Y'all!
I found your forum today when looking for feed choices....thanks for being here.
smile.png

I figured I'd answer your questions because, well, I'm lazy.
wink.png

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I've had chickens on and off since I was 5. That makes about 35 years. My family raised them for meat and eggs when I was a kid, and as an adult, I've kept them for eggs. My husband converted the kids' playscape to a coop for me and is at this moment putting up the fence. I went and bought two girls to hurry him along.
smile.png

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
2. But by Monday, I hope to have 5 or 6.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Today I have Production Reds.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
When you type in "crumble or pellets?" in your Google search bar, you end up here!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Wow. Photography, scrapbooking, gardening, backyard ponds, parenting and teaching...and now that I have chickens again, I'll be raising mealworms for treats.
smile.png

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have two boys, 10 and 8, 2 dogs, 3 cats, some hissing cockroaches and some caterpillars that should be spinning cocoons any minute. I'm a Technology Applications teacher for Kindergarten-5th grade in Manor, TX, just outside of Austin.

Welcome to BYC! You'll find tons of information here to help you with raising your chickens. There are also hatching eggs and birds for sale. Search for "texas traders" on this site and you'll find a lot of other BYC members who live in Texas. Good Luck with your new chickens!

Howdy from a former south Austinite! I even know how to pronounce Manor properly!

Back
Top Bottom