UrbanHomesteadMama

In the Brooder
May 21, 2018
Danville, California
1) Are you new to chickens /when did you first get chickens? I have been a chicken sitter for my aunt and uncle’s flock but these are our first. We got 3 pullets about 3 weeks ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 3 hens

(3) What breeds do you have? We have 1 Easter Egger, 1 Black Star and 1 Buff Orphington

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? My aunt suggested it and I have looked at it before for answers to chicken questions.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, baking, arts & crafts

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I’m a stay at home mom to our toddler son and expecting one more this winter! We also have two older rescue dogs.

Attachments

• 16A24276-213A-48F3-9FCD-71C748F671E8.jpeg
    16A24276-213A-48F3-9FCD-71C748F671E8.jpeg
    814.9 KB · Views: 6
Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Hello @UrbanHomesteadMama :frow and :welcome
:woot We are so glad that you've decided to join our flock! :jumpy
I hope you have a wonderful experience using the BYC website. There is a lot of information available to you here and much to learn.

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have. We are more than willing to help! :D

If you need help figuring out this website, this video help you navigate the site

If you'd like to find other BYC members in your state/country, find your state/country thread
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want an easier way to enjoy BYC on your phone or tablet?
-Download the BYC APP for your mobile device!
Looking for coop and run designs/ideas?
-Check out small, medium, and large chicken coops and tractors!
Don't know the ordinances for your area?
-You may be able to find them here
New to raising poultry or want to learn more?
-Check out our learning center
Have other poultry besides chickens?
-Find the forum for them here

Back
Top Bottom