Hi I’m new to this group but I’d like to ask a question please.

SueG1

In the Brooder
Nov 13, 2020
I own a white star chicken who happily laid beautiful eggs for about 6 months then stopped laying. 2 years and 2 months later she has started laying again. Is this normal?

I own a white star chicken who happily laid beautiful eggs for about 6 months then stopped laying. 2 years and 2 months later she has started laying again. Is this normal?

Attachments

• welcome2.jpg
    welcome2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to BYC! How old is she? Do you let her free range? Are you sure she didn't have hidden nests?

Welcome! That's a new one to me, but if she seems healthy overall, I'd be grateful for the eggs. All questions are welcome--we learn a lot from each other!

Welcome to BYC! How old is she? Do you let her free range? Are you sure she didn't have hidden nests?
She is about 2.5 now. They have a large run area that’s enclosed as we have a lot of foxes, but they free range in the garden when we or the dogs can keep half an eye out. If they have a choice they prefer coming indoors though. Lol

She is about 2.5 now. They have a large run area that’s enclosed as we have a lot of foxes, but they free range in the garden when we or the dogs can keep half an eye out. If they have a choice they prefer coming indoors though. Lol
So is the free ranging just now and then not daily? I, and many others, have found hidden nests after we were sure they couldn't be hiding eggs. It is often the lowest in the pecking order, who keeps to herself.

Welcome! That's a new one to me, but if she seems healthy overall, I'd be grateful for the eggs. All questions are welcome--we learn a lot from each other!
Thanks. Yes very happy and healthy.
So is the free ranging just now and then not daily? I, and many others, have found hidden nests after we were sure they couldn't be hiding eggs. It is often the lowest in the pecking order, who keeps to herself.
she is out daily but never alone. The last 4 eggs have all happened in her nest box before 8am.
Our other chicken laid super soft shells which they used to eat but neither have broken these so far.

Back
Top Bottom