Hi there, I'm Becky...

Becky Holderness

In the Brooder
Dec 31, 2017
... and I've had hens in my life since I was about seven years old. About eleven years later and I'm still mad about them!

Over the years, I've raised two batches of cream Legbar chicks from eggs and rescued three ex-bats. I've also had one miracle hen that lived to about 8 years old! (She is dearly missed)

My current flock entails Poppy and Daisy (my two remaining cream legbars and sisters to each other) and three "newbies": Beatrice, Gretel and Dorothy. Beatrice and Gretel are the nosiest two girls ever and will peck literally anything in sight including the older hen's beaks (which they just let them do now) and Dorothy is a bit more timid but very lively and loves playing in the outdoors.

... and I've had hens in my life since I was about seven years old. About eleven years later and I'm still mad about them!

Over the years, I've raised two batches of cream Legbar chicks from eggs and rescued three ex-bats. I've also had one miracle hen that lived to about 8 years old! (She is dearly missed)

My current flock entails Poppy and Daisy (my two remaining cream legbars and sisters to each other) and three "newbies": Beatrice, Gretel and Dorothy. Beatrice and Gretel are the nosiest two girls ever and will peck literally anything in sight including the older hen's beaks (which they just let them do now) and Dorothy is a bit more timid but very lively and loves playing in the outdoors.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Becky nice to have you join our group here

Hi from another Becky and Welcome to BYC!

Cream Legbars are such pretty birds. You will have to post some pictures of them sometime.

So glad you could join the flock!

Hi! I love my Cream Legbars! Unfortunately they are very old, but they still seem to have plenty of life left in them. I'll have to find some flattering photos of them!

Back
Top Bottom