Holding our hens

I go and sit in the coop with my 10 week old chicks right around bed time. They have all started to fly up and sit on my back, shoulders and lap. I was so worried they wouldn't be friendly. One of them gets on my shoulder, and hunkers down. She would stay there all night if I let her. I think spending time, hand feeding and talking to them is the key.

That's my barred Plymouth Rock cuddle on my neck/back.

3 of my chicks all chilling on my back.

After less than a week of being home in their new coop, my 8 week old chicks are doing this when I just sit in the coop with them. I talk to them in a low voice and offer them treats. They get a little restless when I stand so I try to stay low to keep them calmer.

sled,
What kind of camera do you have in your coop? I am so tempted to get one to try and monitor them from work!

After less than a week of being home in their new coop, my 8 week old chicks are doing this when I just sit in the coop with them.  I talk to them in a low voice and offer them treats.  They get a little restless when I stand so I try to stay low to keep them calmer.

sled,
What kind of camera do you have in your coop?  I am so tempted to get one to try and monitor them from work!

I bought La View. I would NOT recommend it. Installation was really difficult, I had to buy longer camera wires and the remote viewing only lasted 1 day. I have to call verizon and see If they can help me. Viewing from my house is great but I wanted the remote viewing option.

I bought La View. I would NOT recommend it. Installation was really difficult, I had to buy longer camera wires and the remote viewing only lasted 1 day. I have to call verizon and see If they can help me. Viewing from my house is great but I wanted the remote viewing option.

Darn! I'm hoping to get wireless. I MIGHT be close enough to my house and router. I know my hubs will think I'm nuts....

Darn!  I'm hoping to get wireless.  I MIGHT be close enough to my house and router.  I know my hubs will think I'm nuts....

Having the cameras has been great. Just the other day I caught a chipmunk sneaking into the coop. I wouldn't have seen that if I didn't have the camera's. My set came with 4 cameras. I have one in the coop, one in the run and 2 looking out behind the coop.

If it hadn't been a 4 day process with multiple calls to the help line and if the remote viewing worked the system would be great.

I would definitely recommend getting a camera. It had been really useful. I feel a lot safer too.

Back
Top Bottom