HOPING THATS ITS NOTHING

divineangel94

Songster
Jul 17, 2019
My hen this morning would not chase treats, was lethargic, and keeping to herself. I gave her an Epsom soak just in case because I recently lost a hen to egg issues. Her crop was empty but she still acted sick. Eventually she drank water but still would hardly move and she walked slow. I Eventually checked on her in the afternoon and she perked up a bit ate corn. Even dust bathed. This evening she ate grass, a broken egg, corn, and even drank a good amount of Gatorade. However, when she bent over she puked but I didn't see the color. Then she flew off the perch and pooped this. It was pretty warm today as well. Her crop did get big tonight but was squishy. Just a little though. Any help would be appreciated. I can't lose another pet.

Attachments

• 20230412_203536.jpg
    20230412_203536.jpg
    746.4 KB · Views: 15
Bread's not too bad though it sounds like old age, 6 is getting up there with production breeds.
Yesterday she was very speedy. After being lethargic a majority of the day today she gained some energy. The poop and liquid is what concerned me. She bent over to look under her perch and liquid came out. Then she flew down and pooped. After that I gave her grass. She could be having an off day but after losing a hen last week I'm just extremely on edge.

Yesterday she was very speedy. After being lethargic a majority of the day today she gained some energy. The poop and liquid is what concerned me. She bent over to look under her perch and liquid came out. Then she flew down and pooped. After that I gave her grass. She could be having an off day but after losing a hen last week I'm just extremely on edge.
Has she had anything watery like melon or lettuce?

Back
Top Bottom