horror movies too scary or gross and you didn't like

mamagardener

Songster
11 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Central Massachussetts
In the spirit of the other thread asking for favorite horror movies, what horror movies did you not like? Either too gory or gross or just dumb?
I can't stand movies like Saw, too weird. I like old fashioned suspense.

I hate the torture-type scary movies, like Saw, Hellraiser and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That's just gore, yuk. Suspenceful scary movies are much better.

We love horror movies. But there are some bad ones.

We thought Freak Show was dumb. The newer one based on the black and white version. My DH almost puked at the end.

I did not like The Hills Have Eyes 1. I had just had my youngest and there's a part in there that has to do with a mom and beast feeding. I didn't handle that well.

And there was one part in one of the saw movies. Right in the beginning the woman has her chest ripped open.
sickbyc.gif

And the Saw part with the decomposing pigs. I almost smelt it.
sickbyc.gif

I didn't like the Saw movies. I just don't like torture. The actor who played Jigsaw played the part very well, but the character Jigsaw came off to me a bit sanctimonious and annoying. It isn't good when a horror villain makes you roll your eyes.

Quote:
Remakes of the classics are almost universally bad. Offhand I can't think of an exception.

I am trying to think of an exeption and can't. The Hills Have Eyes was a remake also. I have got the orginal one and it is corny but good.

Yes, the "Saw" series is bad. The worst scary movie I have ever seen was "Faces of Death". I guess it might actually be a documentary but it showed lots of different ways people have died or been murdered. Not "fake" actor death but "real" death. It was very horrific and I can't believe that someone could tape all that and not have it affect them.

Back
Top Bottom