HorseGirlAbby's flock thread!

Some more photos of the littles. Technically they're full-grown, as they're seven months, but it doesn't look like any of them are laying, except maybe Penny.
Beanie:
DSC00511.jpeg

Penny:
DSC00516.jpeg

Charlotte:
DSC00530.jpeg

Cleo:
DSC00521.jpeg

I tried to tell Cleo to clean off her beard, but she wouldn't listen. They were enjoying their melon too much.

Okay. It's been a very exciting night! The littles got to go in the big coop. Well, I had to catch them, carry them over there, and put them on the roost. Charlotte was the first, and I was just able to pick her up right off their roost, since they had no idea what I was trying to do. Cleo was also easy, but while I was carrying her to the coop, she was accusing me of everything she could think of. By the time I got back in the tractor to catch the next chicky, they had caught on. Penny was worried, she'd gotten down from the roost and started pacing back and forth. Bean was squawking a bit, but I managed to catch her first. She flapped her wings, but ended up getting caught in my hair, which made her stop struggling. She was put on the roost without further ado, and then there was Penny. This little girl was not having anything to do with me! She was flying around, and I almost caught her a couple of times, but she got away. Finally she just ran into my hand, and I had her. So she went on the roost as well, and was having a conversation with Dover for a little. Here are some pictures from earlier! I got a video of Cleo and Charlotte eating scratch from my hand, but can't get it to upload, so I'll have to try again later.
Only Char and Bean decided to pose, so that's what I got.
IMG_3314.JPG
IMG_3323.JPG
IMG_3331.JPG
IMG_3335.JPG

Hello, peeps! I decided to do a quick update. All the chickies are doing well, the littles are starting to get integrated into the main flock now. Charlotte has come out of her shell, and now loves to be held and petted! She's so cute and soft. Bean has taken up sleeping on the rafter, where Holly usually roosts, so I have to get her down every night. I don't mind, though, because she's so tiny! She's definitely our smallest girl, and she loves to cuddle when I get her down. Penny isn't very friendly, she's curious, but prefers not to be touched. Cleo is friendly enough, but also doesn't like people that much. She reminds me of a crazier version of Nancy, because she's super speedy.

Speaking of Nance, she's not doing so well. She's been dealing with internal laying for a year and a half now, and it's finally catching up to her. The past couple nights, she hasn't been able to get on the roost, and her stomach is pretty swollen. I know there's nothing I can really do, so I'm just trying to make her comfortable. She's still eating and drinking, but she's nearly at the end of her journey. šŸ˜ž

On a slightly happier note, Holly is out of the entryway, and doesn't need a heat lamp anymore! Her feathers are growing in nicely, and she's mostly black once more. Ivy is nearly done as well, but Mo has just started. Poor chickie! She looks quite horrible. Everyone else is about done molting, Silver still has to grow in her tail, and Bukky does too. Mr. Beard actually has a real beard!! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it on my phone, but I will try to get some later.

So there's an update! Not sure how many of you are still lurking here, but I guess I'll find out!

Hello, peeps! The chickens survived negative wind chills, and two, Charlotte and Sprinkles, are laying now! It's warming up, so hopefully more will start soon. I took quite a few pictures today, so enjoy!
Bean when we got her:
DSC00511.jpeg

Bean now:
DSC01731.jpeg

Ivy:
DSC01698.jpeg

Bukky:
DSC01701.jpeg

Holly, all nicely feathered now.
DSC01708.jpeg

Sprinkles:
DSC01713.jpeg

Gidget:
DSC01718.jpeg

Crazy Cleo:
DSC01725.jpeg

Bean, hiding.
DSC01728.jpeg

Penny:
DSC01740.jpeg

Hello, peeps! The chickens survived negative wind chills, and two, Charlotte and Sprinkles, are laying now! It's warming up, so hopefully more will start soon. I took quite a few pictures today, so enjoy!
Bean when we got her:
View attachment 3360803
Bean now:
View attachment 3360804
Ivy:
View attachment 3360805
Bukky:
View attachment 3360806
Holly, all nicely feathered now.
View attachment 3360807
Sprinkles:
View attachment 3360808
Gidget:
View attachment 3360809
Crazy Cleo:
View attachment 3360810
Bean, hiding.
View attachment 3360812
Penny:
View attachment 3360813
Beautiful birds, Abby!

What breed is Bean?

Well, it's been exactly a month since I said anything. šŸ˜… Charlotte hasn't learned how to lay in a nesting box yet, the stinker. She's been laying for three months, and they've all been on the floor, except when I force her to stay in a box. Bean and Cleo, however, both laid their first eggs this week, and they've been using the boxes! Bean has laid three, her first on the floor, then the others where they're supposed to be. Same with Cleo, though she just laid her second today.
Cleo:
DSC02016.jpeg

Charlotte:
DSC01962.jpeg

Our original four chickens, Peeper, Bukky, Goldy, and Baroness, will be six this year! Yikes. Six others, Silver, Sprinkles, Delaware, Dover, Gidget, and Little Nancy, will be five, and even Holly, Ivy, and Mo will be two. Everyone's getting so old! Mr. Beard will be three, I believe, and the littles will be a year. Out of all the hens, Gidget is the only one for sure not laying. She hasn't laid since she was two. All the others laid at least a couple eggs last year, so I have hopes!
Some random other photos:
Little Nancy:
DSC01978.jpeg

Bukky:
DSC01801.jpeg

Dover:
DSC02012.jpeg

Sprinkles:
DSC02017.jpeg

Ivy:
DSC02134.jpeg

Gidgy against the sunset: