HorseGirlAbby's flock thread!

I don't know exactly how many people are still following along, I imagine it gets kind of boring sometimes. I don't exactly live an exciting life, and neither do my chickens. But, if you're still here, feel free to say hi.
Star Wars Salute GIF

Do you eat that many eggs?
Not me by myself! I live with my family of five, and we eat a lot of eggs. During the spring, we have too many to eat, so we tried preserving them in lime this year, and we hard boil a lot as well. Right now we're getting about six to eight eggs a day, which is a manageable number. With ten of the hens over five years old, they're not laying too many now.

Hey y'all...its been a while, for sure. The chickens have just been leading a boring life, lol. I figured I would do some chicken profiles, introducing them all again. First up is Peeper!
Name: Peeper
Nicknames: Spotty, Spots
Breed/variety: Mottled Java
Favorite food: Anything that I can eat!
About me: I'm the head of the pecking order, and what I say goes. Only little tiny Baroness dares to challenge me, and I'm terrified of her. I'm extremely proud of my spotted feathers, and even though I'm molting right now, I always make time to groom myself. I love hugs from my mom, and come running whenever she squats down. My one weakness is my clumsiness. I trip over anything that is near my feet, and I even tripped over my chicks. Speaking of which, yes, I hatched chicks a couple of years ago. I had eight babies, and they were sure a lot to keep track of! They also kept pecking at my wattles, which was very annoying, but I loved them anyway. When they were about five weeks old, I decided I didn't want them anymore, and we had to be separated. My sons went in the stew pot, and most of the girls are in with the layers now. But anyway, sorry, I get sidetracked easily...hey! Is that a mulberry? I'm off!
DSC04274.jpeg

Hey y'all...its been a while, for sure. The chickens have just been leading a boring life, lol. I figured I would do some chicken profiles, introducing them all again. First up is Peeper!
Name: Peeper
Nicknames: Spotty, Spots
Breed/variety: Mottled Java
Favorite food: Anything that I can eat!
About me: I'm the head of the pecking order, and what I say goes. Only little tiny Baroness dares to challenge me, and I'm terrified of her. I'm extremely proud of my spotted feathers, and even though I'm molting right now, I always make time to groom myself. I love hugs from my mom, and come running whenever she squats down. My one weakness is my clumsiness. I trip over anything that is near my feet, and I even tripped over my chicks. Speaking of which, yes, I hatched chicks a couple of years ago. I had eight babies, and they were sure a lot to keep track of! They also kept pecking at my wattles, which was very annoying, but I loved them anyway. When they were about five weeks old, I decided I didn't want them anymore, and we had to be separated. My sons went in the stew pot, and most of the girls are in with the layers now. But anyway, sorry, I get sidetracked easily...hey! Is that a mulberry? I'm off!
View attachment 3621171
Abby, your the best at writing those! I enjoyed it immensely!

Back
Top Bottom