House ducks

we use diapers for my ducks lol, we also use both reusable and disposable puppy pads under their food and water dishes

Attachments

• 77C3FE5D-0837-42A7-8671-B271A80AA7A2.jpeg
    77C3FE5D-0837-42A7-8671-B271A80AA7A2.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 5
  • CA4C993C-FDC9-4B6A-AFD0-30CFB0A1CA0A.jpeg
    CA4C993C-FDC9-4B6A-AFD0-30CFB0A1CA0A.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 4
I need all the duck diaper advice. Brought home a single hatchling today and we’re pretty smitten!
start using a sock diaper (just google sock duckling diaper and you will find out how to make one) as soon as possible. that way he will be perfectly comfortable in his diaper once he’s an adult!

once he’s full grown you can get him a real diaper. i would recommend open tail diapers, waaaay more comfortable for the ducks. we’ve tried probably 10 or 20 different brands are the best ones are 100% from “avian fashions”

start using a sock diaper (just google sock duckling diaper and you will find out how to make one) as soon as possible. that way he will be perfectly comfortable in his diaper once he’s an adult!

once he’s full grown you can get him a real diaper. i would recommend open tail diapers, waaaay more comfortable for the ducks. we’ve tried probably 10 or 20 different brands are the best ones are 100% from “avian fashions”
X2 Avian Fashions! They completely eclipse the others, imo. Pricey, but they last, they fit better, and they are easier to put on.

I would love to see people’s day in the life with house duck routines. Where do they sleep? We have several doggies and a three year old but are enthusiastic about this idea… if Jubilee is a girl she can sleep with our chickens but if a boy, house duck life?

I would love to see people’s day in the life with house duck routines. Where do they sleep? We have several doggies and a three year old but are enthusiastic about this idea… if Jubilee is a girl she can sleep with our chickens but if a boy, house duck life?
we actually turned our entire sunroom into the ducks “bedroom” lol, obviously ducks don’t need a whole room though 😂

we use playpens for dogs at night and they work great so the ducks can’t kick anything into the floor

i think drakes are only a problem to chicken hens if they are raised together/think that they are a chicken? so if you wait to introduce jubilee to the chickens until he’s an adult, they should be able to hang out during the day without any issues

Back
Top Bottom