How big do Bantam chicken get?

'Bantam chickens' is not a breed, a bantam is simply the smaller version of the STANDARD bird. Different breeds of bantam chickens grow to different sizes, same as standard fowl. Like the Old English Game Bantam is 22-24 ounces, where the Malay bantam grows to be 36-44 ounces. They are simply miniaturized versions.

Is there a particular kind yo want to see?

size is relative:

(skinny) Eight year old son holding a OEGB pullet

Same son holding Bantam Cochin (3 months old - not much growing left to do)

Here's the same buff Bantam Cochin, plus a Black Bantam Cochin, and a D'uccle (all roos - all 4 months old)

I think the horizontal wood beam is a 2x4 and the vertical post is a 4x4 so it might give you a rough idea of sizes.

Just aquired a silkie (traded Cochins) but it's not done growing yet, so no grown up photos yet (I'm curious to know how big the Silkie will be compared to the d'uccles).

CG

Is there a particular kind yo want to see?

size is relative:

(skinny) Eight year old son holding a OEGB pullet

Same son holding Bantam Cochin (3 months old - not much growing left to do)

Here's the same buff Bantam Cochin, plus a Black Bantam Cochin, and a D'uccle (all roos - all 4 months old)

I think the horizontal wood beam is a 2x4 and the vertical post is a 4x4 so it might give you a rough idea of sizes.

Just aquired a silkie (traded Cochins) but it's not done growing yet, so no grown up photos yet (I'm curious to know how big the Silkie will be compared to the d'uccles).

CG

that is exactly how my chickens look, especially the first image if you go here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/698598/just-post-photos-of-your-chickens-here
you can see what kind mine are thank you so much! :)

I got somebantam cochins and there 6 months old fixing to be 7 months old and they really havent grew any and i was wondering how much more will they grow.

Back
Top Bottom