How do I get the word out we have eggs ready to sell?

Someone on this board recommended this site...I haven't used it yet since my chickens haven't started laying. So, I don't know how well it works, but it can't hurt!

www.eggzy.net

Julie

I agree that spreading the word with family and friends is the way to go...work is a HUGE plus in the egg selling "industry". I cannot keep up with the demand of the egg "wanting" in the workplace of only 6 people. Some emplyees have family that want the eggs and I have others that order 5 dozen at a time ( a months supply), others are for themselves, but the word does get out. Promote yourself....at 3 dozen a day, you should easily be selling those.
tongue.png

I'd put the sign in the car window. I'd also tell as many as you could at the school. These are the people who will buy.

I'll make a sign and post it. The windows on the back of my vehicle are rather dark so I may have to have some stickers made. Its worth a shot!!!

THANKS for all the suggestions. I hope we sell some soon as I don't want them to go to waste.

How long can I keep them in the frig and have them stay fresh? We're new at this so still learning.

THANKS again!!!!

THANKS for all the suggestions. I hope we sell some soon as I don't want them to go to waste.

How long can I keep them in the frig and have them stay fresh? We're new at this so still learning.

THANKS again!!!!
Several months. I start stockpiling my eggs in September, in preparation for my hens to start molting. Since yours are in their first year, you won't experience this until next year.

Last edited:
Update!!!!

We went to the State Fair on Wednesday and was talking with one of the vendors and it came up that we have chickens. Turns out she lives kind of locally and wanted to know where she could get eggs.

We were going to to the fair again the next day and offered to bring some up for her if she was interested. She was so excited and wanted 4 DOZEN eggs. So we sold our first 4 dozen on Wednesday.

Thursday we were at the fair all day so we didn't sell any. Friday we were home all day, but didn't sell any. And then there is today. From our road sign we have sold 7 dozen eggs so far today!!!!
celebrate.gif
We are so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

We know there is demand, we just have to get the word out!!!!! I think the sign at the base of the driveway is what is pulling everyone in!!!

Yipee!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom