How do you name your chickens?

How do you name your chickens/fowl?

• Total voters
Oh the lessons learned from first flock to now. First thing I did wrong was to get all same breed. Whoops, kids wanted to name them but when you can't tell them apart it doesn't work very well. So they were Chicken, Chicken, Chicken, Chicken, Chicken. Now I try to make up for it by letting my adult son name them. That's why I have JQuelen, DNice, ASAPRocky, 2Chainz, FittyCent and Purple Drank, LOL. All hens.

Ours are named with a nature theme and sometimes by their looks.

Willow, Pepper (she's black and white), Pebbles, Storm, Cinnamon, Dandelion (named for her fluffiness!!), Buttercup, Lavender, Misty, Fern, and Spitzy.
(Spitzy was going to have a nature themed name, but we started calling her "Little Spitzy" and it just stuck; she's a spitzhauben :) )

I have a theme for roosters. Either an army title or a royalty title.
For example I’ve had Prince, Duke, General, Admiral, Captain, Brigadier, Squire, but there were 2 exceptions - Rusty and Leonardo DaVinci.
Hens i name whatever. I have a Duckling - coZ she was the size of a duckling when she hatched! I had a Pet - because I couldn’t think of a name and started calling her that. I loved her to bits. RIP Pet ❤️ Daffy too.. RIP baby hen 💕
I have Rogue, Milky, Raven, Taffy, HennyPenny, Holly… Strawberry, Coco, Cream, Rosie, Acorn… I could go on…

Back
Top Bottom