How long does it take for a Toulouse goose to hatch?

dandmpoultry

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 5, 2013
Southwest Missouri
I'm hatching my first set of goose eggs and was just wondering how long they are supposed to take to hatch. They are Toulouse breed and I was told it should take 28 days. I then read that it can vary from 28-31 depending on the breed. Just wondering if anyone has had experience hatching toulouse goslings and how many days they generally take. I have 10 eggs and this is day 29. Two hatched today and are the most perfect little birds ever. :) I candled the eggs several times during incubation and they all seemed to be alive and growing. One has a crack in it and has had from the start. It had a embryo in it when I candled it but I'm not really expecting it to hatch. all the others should be fine though. It's been 99.5 degrees consistently and the humidty has been about 50% until last night when I raised it to 70% for hatching. Anyway, any insight or advice on incubating the Toulouse breed is welcome and appreciated. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I'm hatching my first set of goose eggs and was just wondering how long they are supposed to take to hatch. They are Toulouse breed and I was told it should take 28 days. I then read that it can vary from 28-31 depending on the breed. Just wondering if anyone has had experience hatching toulouse goslings and how many days they generally take. I have 10 eggs and this is day 29. Two hatched today and are the most perfect little birds ever.
smile.png
I candled the eggs several times during incubation and they all seemed to be alive and growing. One has a crack in it and has had from the start. It had a embryo in it when I candled it but I'm not really expecting it to hatch. all the others should be fine though. It's been 99.5 degrees consistently and the humidty has been about 50% until last night when I raised it to 70% for hatching. Anyway, any insight or advice on incubating the Toulouse breed is welcome and appreciated. Thanks! :)
welcome-byc.gif
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

Last edited:
on average goose eggs take 30 days to hatch and each eggs should take roughly 3 days start to finish. They dont zip quickly like chickens, they will rest during the process. Even in the best conditions sometimes perfectly formed goslings wont hatch. Congrats and enjoy the new goslings

on average goose eggs take 30 days to hatch and each eggs should take roughly 3 days start to finish. They dont zip quickly like chickens, they will rest during the process. Even in the best conditions sometimes perfectly formed goslings wont hatch. Congrats and enjoy the new goslings
Thanks so much for the info guys! Still only two hatched and no more have began pipping yet either. :-/ I will def enjoy the two even if the others don't hatch! :) I had another question; with goslings how long can they live without food and water after they hatch? I know chickens can easily go 24-36 hours with no problem. Just wondering if it's the same for geese or not? I will be moving them to a brooder today so they'll have food and water just thought I'd ask to learn. :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the info guys! Still only two hatched and no more have began pipping yet either. :-/ I will def enjoy the two even if the others don't hatch!
smile.png
I had another question; with goslings how long can they live without food and water after they hatch? I know chickens can easily go 24-36 hours with no problem. Just wondering if it's the same for geese or not? I will be moving them to a brooder today so they'll have food and water just thought I'd ask to learn.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom