How Long for Corid to Work

RoadTripperJen

Hatching
Sep 2, 2020
Hello! This is my first post here, but I've been lurking since April when we got our new chicks. I have a question regarding Corid. The afternoon before yesterday I noticed a bit of bloody stool on a stepping stone in my garden where the chickens had been. Because I had done a bunch of research on chickens beforehand, I knew it was possibly coccidiosis. They began drinking water with Corid yesterday morning (I put 9.5 ml in a gallon). As far as I could tell, one chicken by yesterday evening seemed to have a bit more color back in her skin. By yesterday evening, I had only seen a tiny bit of blood in the run, but they could have pooped out in the yard since we let them semi-free range. This morning after I went out to check on them and they had been in their run for several hours, I see several more spots of bloody stool- one was a lot more like blood colored liquid and the others had more that looked like small clots. We have four chickens and all are running around in the yard and jumping up to peck at my dwarf apple tree, so they are active and seem to be happy. My question is, how long does it take for their poop to become normal again? Also, is there anything else that causes bloody stool that I should be on the look out for, just in case the Corid doesn't seem to clear things up? Thanks in advance for any help.

They need to drink enough of the medicated water to make a difference.

Give each chick 2-3 drops by mouth once a day for 2 days along with the medicated water.

2 tsp/gallon
Fresh corid water every day ×10 days.

They need to drink enough of the medicated water to make a difference.

Give each chick 2-3 drops by mouth once a day for 2 days along with the medicated water.

2 tsp/gallon
Fresh corid water every day ×10 days.
Okay, I will see if I can find a dropper and give them a few drops each in addition to their water.
Do you know when their poop should no longer be bloody? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom