How many broodes do you currently have?

ginasmarans

Songster
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
West Tn
It's that time of year again. Thought it might be fun to list the broodies we have. I currently have:
1 marans hen with chicks
3 marans hens-on eggs
2 marans mix hens-on eggs
2 bantam hens-on eggs
and one black sex link hen-thinking real hard about going broody.
What do you have?

I have 2 buff orp broodies. One has hatched out one chick but I took it away and put it in the brooder. I'm scared of what my other orps would do to a baby.

hit.gif

oh 2 black orps

Last edited:
Right now I have 2, last week I had 5.

I have a cochin on some EE/Blue orp eggs and ???blue orp that had a pip last night.

Then I have a cuckoo Marans on golf balls, but I might pull some of my eggs out of the bator to give her to raise.

One little grey frizzle sitting on an easter egg and 4 clear incubator eggs. She is sitting fairly well, but I'm not confident enough to pull my day 19 eggs from the bator for her. I will give her the chicks when they hatch if all goes well.

I had 2 the first one was a game mix she is done now
bless her heart she set for 45 days the first set all eggs were bad, 2nd set she did the same I think she was a horrible broody she was up and down every day would poop on the eggs and she didnt turn the eggs like she should have I wont set her again.
I did my part she didnt do hers.
My best broody hen is #2 setting on a doz welsummer eggs.
She is a American Game hen the best one I got.
I have 4 more hens that will brood they just haven't yet.

I have about 25 setting now mostly cochins. I am hatching wood ducks, mandarins, peacocks, pheasants, call ducks as well as a variety of other stuff.

I have one OEG pullet-hen that hatched 3 chicks about 2 weeks ago. She decided motherhood wasn't for her, and her chicks are now in the brooder.

I have another OEG hen with 6 golden lakenvelder chicks

Another OEG/silkie mixed hen with 10 mixed bantam chicks

A Dutch bantam pullet-hen that is hatching right now, 4 chicks at last count with 7 more eggs to go!

A golden sebright mixed pullet-hen with 8 eggs that should be hatching anytime now

An OEGB hen with 10 eggs that is about a week away

Another dutch bantam hen with 10 eggs

A silkie pullet-hen with 17 eggs
ep.gif

And last but not least
big_smile.png
Another OEG hen who has (I think) 20 eggs, but don't quote me on that number, cause it could be more
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom