How many duck eggs did you get today?

Pics
Wondering if mine will ever lay. They are August hatch. But with the dog( no more) scaring them so badly plus killing one, and then my effort of dumping ice... They did not eat feed for 5 days and no water for 4.
Suddenly yesterday evening they are all the feed I had put out for the that morning. They still are not back to normal.

Wondering if mine will ever lay. They are August hatch. But with the dog( no more) scaring them so badly plus killing one, and then my effort of dumping ice... They did not eat feed for 5 days and no water for 4.
Suddenly yesterday evening they are all the feed I had put out for the that morning. They still are not back to normal.
How did they ever survive not eating and drinking for 4-5 days.

Probably won't see eggs till the days start getting longer.

one this morning
Still none and it reached above freezing so I think the girls are taking a rest. I still have 3 dozen in the refrigerator and the 80 water glassed eggs so hopefully I will make it to spring when they start back up again. I am so spoiled with them.

How did they ever survive not eating and drinking for 4-5 days.

Probably won't see eggs till the days start getting longer.
Yes dusta I too am interested in how they survived without food or water for that long. Did you have snow? They might have eaten that as mine have eaten ice that formed around their heated water bowl bottoms before.

Back
Top Bottom