How many duck eggs did you get today?

Pics
Ok I am completely befuddled. Found another egg in with the babies. DH swears he didn't do it. They are 8 weeks not six, I checked but has anyone heard of laying at 8 weeks and not little first eggs either. And one of the hens is crested and not right. She did start quacking at two weeks. But stopped growing and hasn't feathered out. I know I breed for eggs but good heavens. DH swears he's not doing it.

NONE! ZIP! ZERO! ZILCH!
I have a dozen that haven't laid a single egg since December 1st. I was getting 3-5 from my girls daily all through November, December 1st came and it's been nothing since. I have a 3 1/2 yr old Runner (7/20/19), 6 2 1/2yr old Runners (8/4/20), a 1 1/2yr old Mallard (3/16/21), 2 almost 9 month old Runner/Khaki Campbell mixed (4/11/22) and a 7 month old Runner/Khaki Campbell mix (6/3/22). They get a mix of layer feed, cracked corn and sunflower seeds daily along with manager special of the day fresh greens. The Runners and mixed are in their own pen next to the chicken and guinea pens. The Mallard is with the chickens, her choice. All the ducks and chickens were raised together until this fall, I wanted to make things easier for me and on the chickens. Ducks constantly dirtied the waterers so I moved them back in early November to the garden area that’s next to the chicken.

I don't know anyone else with ducks locally, only geese, so I'm at a loss over no eggs. I'm used to chickens with none or very few eggs.

Last edited:
Ok I am completely befuddled. Found another egg in with the babies. DH swears he didn't do it. They are 8 weeks not six, I checked but has anyone heard of laying at 8 weeks and not little first eggs either. And one of the hens is crested and not right. She did start quacking at two weeks. But stopped growing and hasn't feathered out. I know I breed for eggs but good heavens. DH swears he's not doing it.
It's a mystery!
Spying Latoya Jackson GIF

My DW says your DH did it.

NONE! ZIP! ZERO! ZILCH!
I have a dozen that haven't laid a single egg since December 1st. I was getting 3-5 from my girls daily all through November, December 1st came and it's been nothing since. I have a 3 1/2 yr old Runner (7/20/19), 6 2 1/2yr old Runners (8/4/20), a 1 1/2yr old Mallard (3/16/21), 2 almost 9 month old Runner/Khaki Campbell mixed (4/11/22) and a 7 month old Runner/Khaki Campbell mix (6/3/22). They get a mix of layer feed, cracked corn and sunflower seeds daily along with manager special of the day fresh greens. The Runners and mixed are in their own pen next to the chicken and guinea pens. The Mallard is with the chickens, her choice. All the ducks and chickens were raised together until this fall, I wanted to make things easier for me and on the chickens. Ducks constantly dirtied the waterers so I moved them back in early November to the garden area that’s next to the chicken.

I don't know anyone else with ducks locally, only geese, so I'm at a loss over no eggs. I'm used to chickens with none or very few eggs.
None of my older ducks are laying now. The May hatchers are a constant 2or 3.

Back
Top Bottom