How many duck eggs did you get today?

Pics
I got 2 yesterday and 2 today! Really thinking about adding a camera too... I can't handle their antics sometimes and I bet it would give a lot of insight.

I have a coop camera, highly recommend it. You can watch the 10pm antics. It's a must have for cecking in on the broodies on nests or babies (every 10 minutes.) They can see the infred light.

Which camera do you have? We usually put them "to bed" (lights out) around 8:30pm.

I have power, so it's a Wyze plug-in, and bedtime is sunset. The infrared comes on when I peek in and they all stop and look at the camera. They get up several times at night. Drink, eat, play with toys, rummage in the bedding, etc. Last year when I had 2 drakes they would creep across the neutral zone and try to stealth mate the other drakes sleeping girls.

Edit: I also have a predator cam set up outside. It caught racoons.

I have power, so it's a Wyze plug-in, and bedtime is sunset. The infrared comes on when I peek in and they all stop and look at the camera. They get up several times at night. Drink, eat, play with toys, rummage in the bedding, etc. Last year when I had 2 drakes they would creep across the neutral zone and try to stealth mate the other drakes sleeping girls.

Edit: I also have a predator cam set up outside. It caught racoons.
Ahhh yes! We have an outdoor plug with outdoor extension running to a 3-space outlet.

1. Ryobi fan with on/off switch for hot days/to help with ventilation and bugs
2. A drop switch light from my chameleon-owner days (resistant to water). We are going to switch to smart lights around 3 sides so that I can turn them on/off without entering the coop and as needed.
3. Currently empty, would be perfect for the camera! Their "house house" (4PM to 8AM) is right next to our back door and has access to the WiFi.

Sorry, more questions for you below if you don't mind:
- Is it an "outdoor" Wyze camera?
- What toys do they have?
- Do you have any other local predators? We have a local mountain lion, bobcat, raccoons, skunks, snakes, etc. Just curious.

Thanks so much for the insight 🤩

Back
Top Bottom