How many duck eggs did you get today?

Pics
0!

But I hope to have eggs in a year or so. I have been incubating duck eggs I got from a girl at my school. I really hope they hatch. My incubator doesn't have a humidity measurer so I have been guessing on that part. So far they haven't died so I think I'm doing it right.

We hatched several times with a cheap incubator. No humidity reading was no problem until we moved. The first few times we had the incubator in the bathroom . The last couple of times was in the office and most ducklings needed help hatching. Currently I am hatching for a friend with a incubator borrowed from another friend. Keeping the humidity right with fronts moving through every few days is a challenge. Good luck to you.

Muscovy laid #11 yesterday. I am wondering now if the 2 girls are tag nesting since I have seen both of them in the crate I have set up in there. Not at the same time LOL but they really like to keep me guessing.
I get it! When they roost right next to each other (as in practically on top of each other) they are sharing the hatching of an egg...? They are doing so today - both broody and will not come out of the coop. Right in time for spring!

Well as usual my muscovy are strange personalities. Can't help but like them, a lot.

I don't know if you remember my demented drake but he was re-homed at an animal sanctuary. At first he did really well until he decided to do to the owner the same he did to me that inspired me to have him leave. She re-homed him again with a woman who had one female who needed a companion (I don't know what kind of duck) and all seemed well for a short while! Then within a couple months they both disappeared. The woman thought a bobcat got them but I wouldn't be surprised if he just few away when the predator came because he was an amazing fast and strong flyer! I raised a very healthy one but apparently health is NOT all that is required.

Back
Top Bottom