How many duck eggs did you get today?

Pics
Well haven't reported in a few days, but today there was 7 eggs, if you can even count the little one as an egg. Actually littlest egg I've seen so far, more what I was expecting when they said they will start laying small eggs. When I started finding eggs they was pretty big. Either way there was that one and another smaller, although quite small also, it is at least nearly the size of a chicken egg lol.

Attachments

• PXL_20230404_134418607.jpg
    PXL_20230404_134418607.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 1
I got 5 today but have a mystery egg. It's an olive drab looking egg and my Mule Duck quacked her head off at me yesterday when I went into the pet gazebo to collect them and found one like that. I have never heard her quack unless I was trying to pick her up or another one pecked at her. She just kept quacking but Mules cannot lay so what was up with that I wonder???? I found another one like it today but she was busy eating and did not have the fit she had yesterday.

Matilda has been laying one perfect egg every day. The Muscovies are still freeloading, although they are hormonal and are taking turns being the crabby one. Sadly, Daphne’s little body decided to give it a whirl and I had to give her calcium tonight. She’s the LAST one that should try to contribute :(

How old are your Runners and Buffs? I don't think my Rouen Ducks are laying any longer and they must be around 6 or 7 now.
I know that this wasn’t directed towards me, but I have an older duck too. Daphne is 7, and she has not laid any eggs yet, although she’s trying to lay one tonight. I wish she’d go through henopause.

I got 5 today but have a mystery egg. It's an olive drab looking egg and my Mule Duck quacked her head off at me yesterday when I went into the pet gazebo to collect them and found one like that. I have never heard her quack unless I was trying to pick her up or another one pecked at her. She just kept quacking but Mules cannot lay so what was up with that I wonder???? I found another one like it today but she was busy eating and did not have the fit she had yesterday.
Mules can lay, they just wont hatch.

Back
Top Bottom