How many duck eggs did you get today?

Pics
Mules can lay, they just wont hatch.
Everything I have read about them says Hinnies can lay but Mule Ducks will not. She surely gets upset though when I try to take the eggs and quacks her head off. Even Metzer's site about Mules and Hinnies will say Mules cannot lay and that is why I am so confused about this matter. Do you know for sure that they can???

Well I guess it depends on what you mean by mules. Cross Muscovy/ Mallard hens I thought laid but were infertile. If I'm wrong please someone correct me. Also my domestic hens will some times collect others eggs and protect them.

Well I guess it depends on what you mean by mules. Cross Muscovy/ Mallard hens I thought laid but were infertile. If I'm wrong please someone correct me. Also my domestic hens will some times collect others eggs and protect them.
What I have researched said that if the Male was a Muscovy and the female a from the Mallard breed it would be a Mule duck and will not lay eggs. If the Female is a Muscovy and the Male from the Mallard breed it will be a Hinny. Hinnies can lay but Mules cannot but you are right, all are supposed to be infertile even though I remember a long time ago reading on here where someone said their Hinnie egg actually hatched out.

Back
Top Bottom