How many duck eggs did you get today?

Pics
I got 7 from 9 hens but I think the Grandchildren missed my Mallard eggs yesterday as they hide them really well. Two of my Hens are almost too old to lay even though one is still being mated and my Mule Duck is not supposed to be able to lay so at the most I only should have gotten six.

I found two this AM, but both were clearly from Matilda. DH had am and pm duck duty yesterday as I was gone for 14 hrs and he doesn’t tend to look for eggs. ‘Scovies are still freeloading, and Daphne had a good day (aka no egg crisis). I really need to do a big clean out of the barn this weekend, and will try to make it more “nest friendly”.

Meanwhile, 98% of the snow is melted, and everyone is spending all day outside now. The ‘Scovies can’t put it off for much longer!

I found 6 today. I left the two Mallard ones in the pet Gazebo and took the others and put them in my incubator. I honestly don't think any are fertile but I love hatching them and have to see if they are. My Khaki Campbell had one of my Calls on her backside and I am interested to see if they can mate with them. I really do doubt it but it will be fun just to check them out in about a week to see if anything happened. I have an overabundance of eggs right now so I am not out anything if nothing happens.

Back
Top Bottom