How many duck eggs did you get today?

1 a day average.

With 3 hens, sometimes 3, then skip a day. I was worried what to do with eggs as wife won't let me cook in kitchen. Happily the eggs have disappeared from the fridge and are getting used for baked goods.

Dropped from 10 a day to 5, temperatures are down to below zero. Going to hit -30°F tomorrow night and currently the windchill is -35°F which usually the windchill hits -60° by then. Have a problem of if I don't get the eggs by 0700 hrs they are frozen and cracked by 0800 hrs. Of the 5 I got 2 were already frozen/cracked, just hate going in there disturbing guinea fowl cause they go crazy flying into window or the walls kicking up dust which I wear a mask anyways.
Their water pond is still able to get water from, off grid a 1500W heater draws 30A on a 48VDC system, might need to get a propane unit or a suitcase generator just for them.

Wait! We might get lucky and push for -40° tomorrow night :wee
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 13-15-48 Rosebud MT 10-Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Channel Wea...png

Wait! We might get lucky and push for -40° tomorrow night :wee
View attachment 3723855
I am so thankful to be here in the NC mountains even though we are going to hit 3 next week and single digits after it doesn't stick around long. Do you provide any type of heat when you get these temps?

Back
Top Bottom