How many duck eggs did you get today?

Big disaster avoided today: I found a hidden stash of twelve (12) eggs in the duck-house. They were dirty as mud:
full

I need to candle those eggs to check if they're okay. No idea how long theses eggs have been laying there, could have been over a week.

We suddenly have 5 instead of 6 eggs daily. I think it's because of a sad love situation. One hen is stressed out because the drake keeps chasing her even when she's not returning the interest. She complains loudly and runs away, even when he's got her by the neck she manages to flee. He's not picky and will totally socialize with others who are more inclined to return his affections but for this one it just doesn't work out.

We suddenly have 5 instead of 6 eggs daily. I think it's because of a sad love situation. One hen is stressed out because the drake keeps chasing her even when she's not returning the interest. She complains loudly and runs away, even when he's got her by the neck she manages to flee. He's not picky and will totally socialize with others who are more inclined to return his affections but for this one it just doesn't work out.
Well, that unfortunate duck became the drake's favorite, attracting unwanted attention.
What might help is to dominate your drake: You grab him by his neck with one hand and push him down to the ground with your other hand, like a more powerful drake would with him to impose dominance. It helped here to slow down some of my over-hormonal drakes in the past.

Back
Top Bottom