How many duck eggs did you get today?

9. One Cayuga is not slacking.

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 8
0 Had to happen. My 3 young 'scovies started laying early, laid their 100th egg in less than 6 weeks. Then 2 eggs on Fri, 1 egg on Sat, and today 2 days later, no eggs. Well, the good news is they don't crave attention like they did a month ago. Plus, they've started going into their pen for the night on their own! They are much easier to care for. Each time a cold front blew in, 1 would avoid the pen after sunset and get shutout. If I'd come home after dark, it was 'uh unh, not going into the pen tonite.' So they'd spend the nite alone on the cider block island. No warm bedding there. After all 3 tested that, they prefer their straw laden pen with straw bales and a doghouse.

0 Had to happen. My 3 young 'scovies started laying early, laid their 100th egg in less than 6 weeks. Then 2 eggs on Fri, 1 egg on Sat, and today 2 days later, no eggs. Well, the good news is they don't crave attention like they did a month ago. Plus, they've started going into their pen for the night on their own! They are much easier to care for. Each time a cold front blew in, 1 would avoid the pen after sunset and get shutout. If I'd come home after dark, it was 'uh unh, not going into the pen tonite.' So they'd spend the nite alone on the cider block island. No warm bedding there. After all 3 tested that, they prefer their straw laden pen with straw bales and a doghouse.
They must be on their early spring break.

Back
Top Bottom