How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

SIXTEEN from 8 laying hens (9th hen is brooding and #10 in raising chicks) -- LOL! Found a nest in the pasture dang girls!!!!
You need to be a detective around here these days with lovely weather and lotsa fresh pasture for the chickens to roam about on... I did notice eggs dropping down from 8 or 9 to 3 and 5 eggs a day-- a couple of the gals still make it to the nest boxes!
They all passed the (not) float test, and we are baking with them right now-- lovely large orange yolks-- Love my Jersey giants!

Today I am going to start counting ALL my ladies. 5 sixteen week olds, 9 laying, 15 chicks( not counting them yet. Just hatched Father's Day) so grand total is 14! 6/14

I really need to make a chart and mark on it each day.
I forgot what/when I last posted. yesterday, and the day before was 2 from 2 both days, and 1 from 2 the previous day. Yesterday being Friday July 12, today being Saturday the 13th...
Anyway, seems to be no summer slowdown, just a day off every few days for both of the girls.
far different than I had with the old hens, and I had no idea as to how old those really were.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom