How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

14/17 -- 14 seems to be our new daily average, can't complain about that! Did determine today for sure that only one of the two pullets we hatched back in October is laying "pretty" eggs, caught the questionable one in the the nest today and she laid a nice brown egg, oh well, eggs are eggs, regardless of color - at least we got one green layer from that hatch.

15/22
Count will be down for a while. Lost a RIR, BO, and CM to a fox this evening, right around sunset. I feel terrible.
sad.png

I was inside researching how to protect chickens that are in pasture when I saw the fox trying to carry off the RIR. It ran away as soon as I ran out the door. Found the other two by following the trails of different colored feathers into the woods. Guess the answer is to be out there with them.
Oh no! That is terrible
sad.png
So sorry for your losses
sad.png

Weird day.........

chicken:
12/17/17

duck- 3/3/3

An old Cream Legbar hen laid an egg today, but first, she threw an Easter egger egg out of the nest box, and landing it on the ledge...broken.

Then, I found a rubber egg OUTSIDE of chicken run..even though no chickens got out today, unless she flew back in after laying her rubber egg in the open outside of the run????

Here's the broken egg, perfectly balanced on the ledge, and the crabby Cream Legbar is still in the nest laying her egg in it's place!
That is very odd! She just didn't like that egg!
idunno.gif

That is very odd! She just didn't like that egg!
idunno.gif
I thought so too! And I know she did it to, because I collected eggs, saw her in the nest, came back 5 minutes later and saw the egg on the ledge. Another 5 minutes went by and she came out of the box leaving her egg behind. She is old and crabby, rarely lays an egg. Maybe because it was such a special day, she wanted her beautiful blue egg to get the nest all to it's self.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Got 6/6/7 today and I busted my husband looking at incubators at TSC today when we stoped to grab feed and scratch.... He left us in the van and ran inside 'quickly'. Son had to potty so we went in after 30 mins.... (Quick my foot)...... And there he was comparing still air vs circulated air incubators. :duc

He said hush and kept looking. I asked if he suddenly wanted more and he said go away!!! :plbb

Told him he would catch the fever... I can't wait to see how Mr. No Babies changes when these 2 eggs hatch this week... I'm guessing by Friday we should have babies... Bad thing is I hope they hold off until Sunday. I've got a football game to go to Saturday. WAR EAGLES first A-game. Can't wait for these babies but if they come Saturday they will have to deal until I get home.

Got 6/6/7 today and I busted my husband looking at incubators at TSC today when we stoped to grab feed and scratch.... He left us in the van and ran inside 'quickly'. Son had to potty so we went in after 30 mins.... (Quick my foot)...... And there he was comparing still air vs circulated air incubators.
duc.gif

He said hush and kept looking. I asked if he suddenly wanted more and he said go away!!!
tongue2.gif

Told him he would catch the fever... I can't wait to see how Mr. No Babies changes when these 2 eggs hatch this week... I'm guessing by Friday we should have babies... Bad thing is I hope they hold off until Sunday. I've got a football game to go to Saturday. WAR EAGLES first A-game. Can't wait for these babies but if they come Saturday they will have to deal until I get home.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom