How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

For those that hatch eggs, do you keep the hen and babies in the flock togethrr? Do the other hens try to peck the babies?

I have.
Sometimes other hens will attack the chicks.
Sometimes the broody will trample some of the eggs before or as they hatch.
Anything can happen with animals. If you want to take over the "parenting" of the chicks you can, but of course it's a lot more work than leaving them with the broody. Plus, they will have to be re-introduced to the flock if you're keeping them.

None! Zero! Nada!

Just got my first hen and rooster, they are Silkies. They are supposedly about 10 months old. He is very loud, lol, had them for 4 days now, no eggs from her though.

Did I get screwed from buying them off C/L??

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6976122/width/200/heiht/400/IMG]

I had to show the photo of my buff braham laying on her back on my lap sleeping.

None! Zero! Nada!

Just got my first hen and rooster, they are Silkies. They are supposedly about 10 months old. He is very loud, lol, had them for 4 days now, no eggs from her though.

They're stressed from the move. In a couple of days you should start getting eggs. However, some hens never lay.

Last edited:
None! Zero! Nada!

i had the same problem with 2 gold lace wyandottes the guy i bought from said they wouldnt lay right he had 7 in a large pen no oyster shell i dunno what he was feeding. I got these 2 home penned up with my little hen and total chaos for 3 days. I put my little hen in her own pen everybody started eating good feed and water took about 10 days and theyve been giving me 2 eggs a day ever since. Just give them time itll work out.

Back
Top Bottom