How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

6 Chicken egg's to day
hmm.png

Temp 110 F degrees
droolin.gif

I've got a bunch of slackers!!!!! Not sure if it's about that time for molt or because I broke 3 broodies but I've only been seeing 1-2 eggs a day for a WEEK!!!! I removed all the eggs from the nest because 2 hatched but then got attacked by fire ants and I lost them... Rushed the remaining 12 to the incubator and I've now got 3 heathy chicks and 3 pips. I know they will be staggered hatching because they are from 3 different nests but wow!!! Now all I need to do is get these girls laying again. I've got a friend who needs at least 18 eggs for her incubator ASAP.

I've completely cleaned, dried and dusted with DE in and around the coop so God willing I'll not have attacks from killer fire ants again.

9 Chicken egg's today
big_smile.png

I have separated 8 hens and put them in a control group for the biggest reason most had one problem or another from a thorn in the foot to feather picking and today I discovered one had lost sight in one eye due to a sticker that was removed from behind the eye so she will now be in the control group or a coop as she will be bate in a free range situation .....

Free range chickens 5 egg's
lol.png

Control group 4 egg's
lol.png

Temp was 114 F degrees today
droolin.gif

It seems the Molted Houdan's produce five egg's each week ...

Russian Orloff's are about three egg's each a week .....

Easter Eager's one egg every other day ....

Marans one egg every three to four days ....

That is from the control groups collection stats over the last two weeks ....

One thing I am finding is the control group hasn't any roosters but one Guinea Roo to keep order and the hens are much calmer then the free ranger's and there are 13 hens in the free range group .....

One more thing everyone gets the same feed .....

Gander007
old.gif

6 eggs from 8 hens + 2 little's too young to lay....too hot to get my normal 8/8. I have realized when the feels like temps are above 108...my Krewe reduces laying rate, I wish they would just go into molt so I dont face another slowdown...on the good side the little should start laying within the next month

Back
Top Bottom