How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Wednesday

6 eggs

4 eggs from the control group
big_smile.png

2 eggs collected from the free range chickens
cool.png
7 crows just being a Murder .

Temp 108F degrees with some very light winds in the late evening and the temp drop to a cool 98F degrees around 2200 HRS or 10 PM for other people ...
somad.gif

Been working on some coolers for the house but swamp colors do not work above 110F degrees .
fl.gif

Only 9 today. There were more but one of the Penedesencas was sitting on them. Don't know if that means she trying to go broody or if she was just laying a late egg.

I have a Marans in the control group that has been sitting in the favorite nesting spot for the last couple of nights and these ladys haven't had a roo in over six months do you think I should put her back in the breeding cage as none of the other ladys have ever shown any interest in sitting
jumpy.gif

I see your egg count has also dropped .

15/13 today, Couple of molters layed eggs, as a reward I let them help me weed the veg garden before I plant some tomatoes and peppers
1f600.png

I have a Marans in the control group that has been sitting in the favorite nesting spot for the last couple of nights and these ladys haven't had a roo in over six months do you think I should put her back in the breeding cage as none of the other ladys have ever shown any interest in sitting
jumpy.gif

I see your egg count has also dropped .
I think you should move the marans hen back to the breeder pen. Maybe she'll go broody with some fertilized eggs for you. 16 eggs today (Thursday) at least 2 of them were from yesterday. And the Penedesenca was no longer on the nest.

I'll see you all back here after the 16th. I'll be on vacation (California & Arizona) till then.

Be safe & stay ( or get ) healthy!

3 for 3 on Wednesday
3 for 3 on Thursday

All with no free range time as I wasn't home at all during the day. I'm very proud of them.

Back
Top Bottom