How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

16 eggs today. Was going to move the smallest yellow chick into the separate brooder to be a companion with the chick that just hatched last night. I didn't want to put the newest chick in with the older chicks because I thought it might get trampled. Unfortunately, the little chick I was going to put with it got trampled last night/this morning.
somad.gif
We had seen it snuggling up with the other chicks but apparently it got smooshed or smothered or something. It had been in that brooder for 4 days ( I think). Just goes to show, you never know what is going to happen.
idunno.gif

I did grab 2 other chicks out of the brooder to be buddies with the new one, they are just a bit bigger than I wanted to put in there with it, but they do have plenty of room as it is a 75 gallon aquarium with just the 3 chicks in it.

16 eggs today. Was going to move the smallest yellow chick into the separate brooder to be a companion with the chick that just hatched last night. I didn't want to put the newest chick in with the older chicks because I thought it might get trampled. Unfortunately, the little chick I was going to put with it got trampled last night/this morning.
somad.gif
We had seen it snuggling up with the other chicks but apparently it got smooshed or smothered or something. It had been in that brooder for 4 days ( I think). Just goes to show, you never know what is going to happen.
idunno.gif

I did grab 2 other chicks out of the brooder to be buddies with the new one, they are just a bit bigger than I wanted to put in there with it, but they do have plenty of room as it is a 75 gallon aquarium with just the 3 chicks in it.
Best of luck to you with the little ones

Got a great welcome present today!! 11am and 18eggs in 1 nesting box with 2 big black Aussies laying in there.
Yesterday was 13, farm boy said looked like several were crushed and gone (multiple brown colors on different eggs, stuck with yolk)
Feels good to be home but it's an adjustment as it always is. Seems son is worse than when we went in.

Karen I have 4 turkeys 15 red broilers and 7 copper maran chicks and I am very worried about just what you are talking about. They are two weeks old today and I moved the whole bunch out of the brooder into the big 8 x 10 coop.I have there light very low in a corner with a wood wind block so 3 sides are covered but they are open to the whole space. I will watch them closely and if there is any trobles the smaller one will go back to the brooder.

16 eggs today.  Was going to move the smallest yellow chick into the separate brooder to be a companion with the chick that just hatched last night.  I didn't want to put the newest chick in with the older chicks because I thought it might get trampled.  Unfortunately, the little chick I was going to put with it got trampled last night/this morning.:mad:  We had seen it snuggling up with the other chicks but apparently it got smooshed or smothered or something.  It had been in that brooder for 4 days ( I think). Just goes to show, you never know what is going to happen.:idunno
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom