How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Got both. 2-wellies and 2-BC Marans. Egg color is similar but the Marans have a smooth shiny chocolate coat while the Welsummers are a textured dark matte coat with the occasional speckle.
The two in front of the basket are Marans and the one on top in the back is a Welsummer. We're getting incredible orange yolks out of them also.
Beautiful. GC

Front row is Black Copper Marans, back row is Welsummers. Not much difference, but Marans are larger with more luster and they feel smoother. Both are very tasty. My wife is a cooking fanatic and they are her favorites. They are both breeds with a lot of personality.
dark eggs.jpg

Front row is Black Copper Marans, back row is Welsummers. Not much difference, but Marans are larger with more luster and they feel smoother. Both are very tasty. My wife is a cooking fanatic and they are her favorites. They are both breeds with a lot of personality.View attachment 1291184
WOW, that's some size difference. GC

Those are beautiful eggs! My Welles are mostly speckled.
I got 7/10 eggs today. Most so far this year.
Someone at work asked me what the chickens do when time changes. Haha, chickens don't care what time it is.

amazing what people will come up with sometimes been hearing it for years
16 main coop but 2 banty there nothing from silky land but the three silky may have nabbed them had my pockets full of eggs from the main coop so did not try to check

16 for Friday and today. I have a LOT of eggs. I am making brownies tomorrow to freeze and a flourless cake plus making some deviled.

I actually took a page from one of my egg customers he pickled the banty eggs well they are also 1 bite deviled eggs works perfect so boiled 2 dozen for our self

Back
Top Bottom