How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

So sorry for your loss. I know that words are inadequate to express consolation for what you are going through. Maybe she and my Feather Zedd are hanging out somewhere singing their egg songs together. Sending virtual hugs your way if you don't mind.
I hope that’s true! Mei had a glorious egg song. She loved singing with my other girls, and it would be nice to think she’s in such good company :hugs

IMG_20240325_182626653~2.jpg

I think the one that laid in the coop is at the bottom of the pecking order and shies away from the other hens. Yesterday evening I checked on the girls and all were on the roosting bars except her. She was sitting on the floor of the coop, right around where that egg was laid.
Could be correct, I have had them lay eggs in some crazy places including the floor. Sure hope she works it out though .

17 eggs today. And a suspected soft egg that broke and was eaten - the bedding in the nest box is wet. Also found this crazy egg in an egg that I am sure Petunia laid - she’s been laying soft eggs.

Anyone ever see this? A hard egg inside a membrane filled with egg white? I cracked the hard egg and it had the usual yolk and look ok inside.

78D199DD-00EA-40EE-A850-636BB98F7F92.jpeg
08B1BAD5-1103-4872-81ED-E25349CAB624.jpeg
CB93F42B-2547-468E-B4BB-45DCFB42EFD6.jpeg

Could be correct, I have had them lay eggs in some crazy places including the floor. Sure hope she works it out though .
I think my hens are figuring out how to share the new nest box that I built for them. I went out around 7:30 this morning and two hens were in the box, but no eggs had been laid yet. A few minutes later I saw that three hens were sitting in the box together, side by side.

At 9:00 I looked out the window and all seven hens were outside in their day run, which meant that it was likely that all had laid their eggs for the day. And they did a great job! All seven hens gave me an egg this morning. All clean, all unbroken and all nicely arranged in the nest box. (Three of the eggs are ceramic fakes)

IMG_3571.JPG IMG_3572.JPG

My motley crew...

IMG_3577.JPG IMG_3578.JPG IMG_3580.JPG IMG_3584.JPG IMG_3585.JPG IMG_3586.JPG IMG_3587.JPG IMG_3588.JPG

Back
Top Bottom