How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

2 just now, still warm.

Attachments

• IMG_5138.jpeg
    IMG_5138.jpeg
    943.7 KB · Views: 0
Yes chickens are very much attuned to the attitude of the others. Maybe she needs a friend - a new chicken you can put her with for a couple weeks and then reintroduce to your gang.
The last thing I need is more chickens. LOL. I'd actually be happier with fewer chickens, four or five instead of seven.

I'm pretty satisfied with the established pecking order. I think that no matter how I'd try to change flock dynamics, there will always be one chicken at the bottom that will catch more than its share of grief from the others.

They're all healthy, they all lay lots of eggs, and there's no blood spilled. Each has its own level of need for dominance and they all accept their current position.

The last thing I need is more chickens. LOL. I'd actually be happier with fewer chickens, four or five instead of seven.

I'm pretty satisfied with the established pecking order. I think that no matter how I'd try to change flock dynamics, there will always be one chicken at the bottom that will catch more than its share of grief from the others.

They're all healthy, they all lay lots of eggs, and there's no blood spilled. Each has its own level of need for dominance and they all accept their current position.
This is true. I have found this with the horses also.

Back
Top Bottom