How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I have literally no room in my freezer and if I did we don’t use that many eggs to warrant that.

I just give them away to friends and family when I can’t sell them. And if I can’t do that - we’ll just cringe at the thought of people who are hungry and me throwing eggs out.
I see. Its so nice to share the nutrition with friends and family. How many chickens do you have? 🐓❤️

I see. Its so nice to share the nutrition with friends and family. How many chickens do you have? 🐓❤️
Oh I have zero (according to chicken math 😆🤭). Everyone has a name so the math states if it has a name it cannot be counted…

I have 38 names to remember, and many days I am amazed I can remember their names! They range in age from 2 weeks to 8 yrs. I have 3 buff Orp babies who I am just now able to sort-of tell apart.

One has a feather sticking up and is the first to come greet me and hop up on my lap - she is such a sweetie that I now just call her Sweetie; then another is also very friendly and hops up on my lap - her name is Butters.

The third is not as friendly and I call Goldie. I have changed her name a couple times… poor thing no wonder she isn’t friendly !!!

😊

Oh I have zero (according to chicken math 😆🤭). Everyone has a name so the math states if it has a name it cannot be counted…

I have 38 names to remember, and many days I am amazed I can remember their names! They range in age from 2 weeks to 8 yrs. I have 3 buff Orp babies who I am just now able to sort-of tell apart.

One has a feather sticking up and is the first to come greet me and hop up on my lap - she is such a sweetie that I now just call her Sweetie; then another is also very friendly and hops up on my lap - her name is Butters.

The third is not as friendly and I call Goldie. I have changed her name a couple times… poor thing no wonder she isn’t friendly !!!

😊
Awesome that you can identity each chicken just by looking at them. I have 7 and love the social dynamics of chicken relationships with one another and also with us. I can identify each chicken easily by voice. It seems my top hen mimics my tones. Have you had this experience? She follows me everywhere and does call outs with me. Its so precious to me. 🤣🐓❤️ Their personalities are so different, how can that be! I have to share a pic from this past beautiful week in CT. All the hens are doing so well and all look so great. falltime molts then winter blues and now Spring growth, thrive and beauty :wee :celebrate

Attachments

• IMG_7796.jpeg
    IMG_7796.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 5
Oh gosh! Glad I am not a toad!!!

My 7 month old silkie pullet pummelled a poor small snake into oblivion and slurped it down like spaghetti! Good show Fluffy!
I watched Patient swallow a whole dead mouse! Thought she'd die later that day. Nope. These chickens are resilient, dont cha think?? 🐓❤️

I watched Patient swallow a whole dead mouse! Thought she'd die later that day. Nope. These chickens are resilient, dont cha think?? 🐓❤️
I heard this weird noise and went out to find my pullet Buttercup beating the stuffing out of some poor little mouse! But I didn’t let her eat it, she has never forgiven me for that! Have you Buttercup?
image.jpg

19 eggs today including 3 silkie eggs and one under Butterscotch (not to be confused with Buttercup).
image.jpg

I have literally no room in my freezer and if I did we don’t use that many eggs to warrant that.

I just give them away to friends and family when I can’t sell them. And if I can’t do that - we’ll just cringe at the thought of people who are hungry and me throwing eggs out.
Cook them and feed them back to the flock.

Back
Top Bottom