How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Gr8 thread. ;) I did have my chickens slow down very considerably this winter as of last. But this month like four of them started laying again. so I had 3 eggs in a fresh omelette this morning (no chese, salt or pepper added), but I had tomato sauce, original flavor and almost a whole small diced white onion, gr8 meal. ;) I later ate a nutter butter 1 stick first then a while before i ate the other part of a package and lots of water with the treat. So I feel great.

Well, after my omlette, I went out and there were 11 other eggs and I washed them and gave them free to my neighbor. they were happy.. but we got a rooster so hopefully they crack one egg at a time and check. my omlette, the only three eggs I took were all good. ;) I made a few bad omlettes from bad eggs from old eggs from my chickens... but it's still not bad with cheese at that time ;)

EDIT: oh, I got 8 hens. Many of these 14 eggs are 2-4 days old left where they nest in their roost.

Last edited:
i got the most ive ever gotten.....2
lol.png

17/25. Three are old ladies so they don't have to do anything but look cute but still lay their share, 6 Marans that only lay about 3 VERY beautiful eggs each a week. The BR's and RIR's pick up the slack. So, a pretty good day. Average is between 18 and 21.

wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom