TundraFang

Crowing
Jul 31, 2021
United States
I have a crossbeak/scissor beak EE and she's been eating mash for a while. She has stopped gaining weight and is less than 1/4 the size of her siblings. I've began tube feeding her 20ml twice a day. Is this enough? She isn't able to eat anything so the only food she gets is from tube feeding. She weights about a pound.
20210926_142423.jpg

She’s never going to be heavy. Familiarize yourself with her body. It’s the best way to know how much more to give her. Btw, mine was alternated between various consistencies of fermented feed (which is better than just wet mash) and pellets. Sometimes pellets can be pinched, and tossed back. She only died of starvation when someone else was feeding for a week.
28861BB0-8A24-4A5F-BDA2-89F3D43ECC77.jpeg 874F519D-89A2-43DD-BF31-6720DB2DEFAA.jpeg

If I have not given a good enough answer, please keep posting. I’d hate to make you shy about asking for more help/information.
You're fine! I just lost one of my chicks so I'm kinda distracted with that right now so that's why I'm not posting but your response was helpful. I saved the pictures so I can compare them to her.

Back
Top Bottom