How should I move my chickens

Belovedturkey

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2024
I’m about to move and I’m taking my chickens with me, I have 15 chickens and six ducks that I’m moving, I’m trying to make the drive one day but it might be overnight. Is there anything I should buy to keep them calm, how many chickens should o have in a kennel, and how often should I feed them because they probably won’t have free access to food and water in the car, and any other tips for loving my birds

What size are your kennels? You could buy a water nipple bottle for each kennel and leave food in a dish inside the kennel the whole trip.

What size are your kennels? You could buy a water nipple bottle for each kennel and leave food in a dish inside the kennel the whole trip.
Okay I’ll buy some of those, the kennels very in size from really large to probably should only fit two chickens, is there a rule of thumb about the space they’ll need

Okay I’ll buy some of those, the kennels very in size from really large to probably should only fit two chickens, is there a rule of thumb about the space they’ll need
They should all be able to stand up and move around a little.

I just got confirmation that they will be In the trailer over night at a hotel, so are there any extra precautions I can take for that situation

I just got confirmation that they will be In the trailer over night at a hotel, so are there any extra precautions I can take for that situation
They usual sleep at night so I can't think of anything else that you'd need to do besides the above.

Back
Top Bottom