How to be a good BYC citizen

64. Don't (be like me) and start an argument thread before really thinking of the consequences, it's not worth the fight.
Yet these days EVERYTHING, is an argument. Well to some, a simple correction of their statements or constructive criticism, is taken as attack or arguing. A condition known as thin skinned. Combine that with lack of reading skill, in the area of punctuation. Or rather the reader, reading feelings/intent into the writer's words when the punctuation does not support. That last one isn't very clear without examples, but if I provide samples, even tho I say they are just samples and not actually what I am saying, the thin skinned will report or decide to take action against me. LOL.

Yet these days EVERYTHING, is an argument. Well to some, a simple correction of their statements or constructive criticism, is taken as attack or arguing. A condition known as thin skinned. Combine that with lack of reading skill, in the area of punctuation. Or rather the reader, reading feelings/intent into the writer's words when the punctuation does not support. That last one isn't very clear without examples, but if I provide samples, even tho I say they are just samples and not actually what I am saying, the thin skinned will report or decide to take action against me. LOL.
Today's day and age.....we can't all get along.

Many times arguments can be avoided by simply staying out of it, for instance, if you see a Grammer error, rude comment, or something like that sometimes it's best to leave it be. They can also be avoided by PMing someone instead of publicly correcting them (unless it has something to do with caring for or something to do with learning about chicken) sometimes people are defensive because they were humiliated.

I would LOVE to be a good BYC citizen, but this ole lady here gets a tad (well, more then a tad) confused on where to locate certain info, like a welcome packet that helps me navigate the site. I don’t know how to set up so inly current stuff is shown, how to add things to profile (and what all those words mean!), etc. How to find state forum, stuff like that! Post vs thread vs conversation….. (head spinning)

I would LOVE to be a good BYC citizen, but this ole lady here gets a tad (well, more then a tad) confused on where to locate certain info, like a welcome packet that helps me navigate the site. I don’t know how to set up so inly current stuff is shown, how to add things to profile (and what all those words mean!), etc. How to find state forum, stuff like that! Post vs thread vs conversation….. (head spinning)
It is rather confusing at first . After awhile it's easier.

Some reading material that hopefully helps.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/announcements-feedback-site-issues-guides.3/

Ny thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ny-chicken-lover.231485/

Post is this, your response to this thread about being a good citizen.
Conversations are usually private and you’ll see those notifications up at the top, that little envelope. Since I quoted your post and Molpet did too, that little bell up at the top right next to the envelope will tell you someone has replied or quoted or reacted to your post in this thread or other threads you posted a reply in.
If you click on your avatar you can edit your account details.

Hope that helps some.

Also, forums are main categories, with sub forums in them organized by more categories and then threads are in those sub forums with posts from people talking about the thread subject.

Back
Top Bottom