How to be a good BYC citizen

Pics
Hey everyone, we are new to this sight and have had chickens just over 2 years. Have learned as we went, wish I knew about this site then. Olin and I have 1 rooster (named Todd), 7 hens, a dog named 38, and a cat. Yes everyone has names. Our ladies and Todd are our pets but we do enjoy fresh eggs. Havent hatched any yet but hope to try soon...maybe.
We live in a small town in Upstate South Carolina.

Welcome!

Just had to add another. I don't know if anyone said this already, but:
37. Keep in mind that if someone has the title "New Egg", "Just Hatched", or anything below your BYC title it doesn't mean that you know more, or they know less. Don't push them down or act like they only knew so much. Don't push them to the bottom of the food chain
wink.png

smile.png
All I can say is everything everyone said is right. That is why I love this place and practically live here. #39 Warn everyone BYC is so addictive.
gig.gif

Quote:
I agree! If only I had known when I was a "New Egg"....
roll.png

#40. Don't push users into telling their age, location, or other personal information. Keep in mind that some users are minors, some don't feel comfortable telling you, and sometimes it can really make people question you. Also, don't tell your age or personal information: some minors may feel presured to join in and share their's too. Keep it safe.

#41 Don't hijack a thread. If you don't have something helpful to the thread, don't post. If you have something else to say or want to debate something similar but still off topic, open a new thread. People ask questions to get answers not to watch people bicker about what is right, wrong, or something else entirely.

Hi, I'm new to the BYC. I've had chickens for 2 yrs now. Love them. Have come to hate dogs:( We've lost several over the past two years to dogs.
I'm just now trying to rebuild our flock and was told this is a great place to get eggs. Hope to get some soon. Just got my incubator assembled and should now qualify for an engineering degree....
lol.png

Can't waite to meet more of you and get some more beautiful chickens.

Back
Top Bottom