How to be a good BYC citizen

Pics
Hi! My name is Marky from the Florida. Nice to meet you. I'm new here. Hope I can find good stuff here.

droolin.gif
Mmm.... look at all these Delicious, Delectable Newbies Who we hopefully won't have to ban because of spamming...

I have a request, I love the list below, I have been here on BYC about a year or so but when I got the newsletter I think it was, and read about New Member Introductions, I really wanted to welcome new members, but I had a difficult time finding it, and now I just found it. Sometimes it takes a lot of work to find stuff here and learn to use it. I have subscribed to a specific thread and still don't know what subscribing did for me, or how it applies to the thread, because I still have to look it up every time I come on. I'm not a very technological person.
When I read the term "lurker" and saw all the new people signing on trying to find their way around and kept running into that word lurker or lurking it seemed some what odd, almost derogatory. is there another more welcoming word we can use? Something less negative? It may just be me, but I don't like the sound of being referred to as a lurker, personally. Some alternative suggestions night be "explorer, exploring" "seeker, seeking" "newbie, learning" ..... Its not a huge deal, but lurking has some relation to things that hide in the shadows, usually with ill intent, in literature.
I know that no one has any intention of anything negative so there is no offense, I felt it was important to mention this for all the other new members who like me have a tough time navigating the site and we are just having to take our time figuring it out.

Thanks for reading this whoever does and happy Chickens to you all today!

Andy in Fredericksburg

Quote:
Welcome Mark, this is a great community! There are wonderful people and lots of information. If you already have chickens there are threads of conversations you can find by simply entering your breed in the search and clicking an any thread that is brought up to go to it. You may study the thread, talk to folks, share pictures, stories and good times! Hope you enjoy BYC!

Andy in Fredericksburg
smile.png

Hi Everyone!! My name is Rebecca, but I go by Becca
smile.png
I live in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia and I can't say as I "raise" ducks since I think they have more say over me than I do them
wink.png
I love them dearly and have ordered more recently to make our little family larger. I also have 2 four legged friends, cats and they love the ducks, other than when the ducks decide to chase them back into the house
lol.png
I am new to the posting, but have been reading some of the forums for a little over a year now, I don't know why I didn't join earlier!!

Remember that everyone is loved by someone, respected by someone and is an expert on something. If that's what you look for, that's what you'll see.
Your kind words and encouragement might be just the thing that transforms someone's life. You never can tell. I came into the forum to complain about a bullying rooster, the welcome I was given as a new member was charming and sometimes provided my best experiences of a particular day.

Back
Top Bottom