How to Tell a Fertile vs INfertile Egg (Pictures)

Pics
Our chickens are laying nicely and the eggs are even getting bigger. Our rooster (Big Bad John) has been very active. None of the hens seem interested in brooding as yet. they are five months old. I boiled a few to make deviled eggs. When I took the yolk our there was a noticeable spot on the inside of the white. The spot was easy to remove and we ate them. Now I would like to know what made the spot and what if anything to do about it.

We had a young rooster and I wasn't even sure he was "friendly" with any of the girls, but we found this funky, not so hard egg in the coop. When we cracked it to see if it was normal inside we found this. I immediately thought it was fertile. Which I'm sad about because we re-homed our rooster yesterday and I would have loved some chicks out of him. Is it fertile? Would a chick have been able to last in a really weak shell? I heard that if a rooster mates that the hen can lay fertile eggs for days.

I had been incubating some eggs for 3 days and hadn't seen any development so I cracked one. I saw this. Was it a developing embryo?

Two of my three chickens started laying on thursday. I cracked open some of their eggs this morning for breakfast. What do you all think? Can I stop waiting for my third 'hen' to start laying?

Fertile!!! Beautiful yolk color too!! What do you feed your girls?

Fertile or not would you say?

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom