How to use Zyfend A

RodNTN

Hatchaolic
8 Years
May 22, 2013
The Volunteer State
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! :) I won a free bottle of Zyfend A last year, and I wanted to use it.
So let me see if I have this right: For one week straight I put 6 drops of this dewormer into a gallon of fresh water everyday for 7 days and just let my flock drink it as normal? And I DO NOT HAVE TO DISCARD EGGS, right?

And that's all there is to it? If I am wrong, or if I am leaving something out, just tell me :)
Thank you so much in advance! :)

From what I've read, Zyfend is a natural product and therefore safe to eat the eggs during treatment. However, whether it's actually effective on killing the worm eggs is up for discussion. If you believe your flock may have worms, it's best to have a fecal float test done before and after worming with Zyfend to be certain it's been effective.

I'm not that familiar with Zyfend.
To me the wording is a bit deceiving as to what it actually does - it does not claim to "kill" worms it is used to ""aid in improving performance in the presence of intestinal parasites (worms) and to help offset worm-related issues."" Read Description here

As for dosing, it looks like you are correct. 7days in the water, then repeat every 3weeks.
No egg withdrawal-active ingredients seem to be herbal extracts/oils. I don't really see anything alarming - try it out and see how it works. It would be interesting to see if your flock has a worm load (confirmed worms) via fecal float and what the results are after the 7days of use (another fecal float). https://www.jefferspet.com/media/W1...vMjgvMDMvNTU1LzAwNDA3OTUucGRmIl1d/0040795.pdf

From what I've read, Zyfend is a natural product and therefore safe to eat the eggs during treatment. However, whether it's actually effective on killing the worm eggs is up for discussion. If you believe your flock may have worms, it's best to have a fecal float test done before and after worming with Zyfend to be certain it's been effective.

I didn't use this with suspicions that my flock may have worms, I just wanted to try it (I have had the bottle for over a year) :p Thank you for the reply! :)

I'm not that familiar with Zyfend.
To me the wording is a bit deceiving as to what it actually does - it does not claim to "kill" worms it is used to ""aid in improving performance in the presence of intestinal parasites (worms) and to help offset worm-related issues."" Read Description here

As for dosing, it looks like you are correct. 7days in the water, then repeat every 3weeks.
No egg withdrawal-active ingredients seem to be herbal extracts/oils. I don't really see anything alarming - try it out and see how it works. It would be interesting to see if your flock has a worm load (confirmed worms) via fecal float and what the results are after the 7days of use (another fecal float). https://www.jefferspet.com/media/W1...vMjgvMDMvNTU1LzAwNDA3OTUucGRmIl1d/0040795.pdf

Thank you for the reply, @Wyorp Rock! I have often wondered about that same exact test, also :) Let me know if you get any information!

Back
Top Bottom