HOW TO VOMIT A CHICKEN PLEASE RESPOND

questions543

Songster
7 Years
Mar 21, 2012
So my chicken got sour crop and she lying down looking like shes about to give in... :( I wont to vomit her but know that the vomit can go down into the lungs and kill her so how do you stop this?

please answer quickly

I wouldnt do it. It is very dangerous. That is just me though. I had one with sour crop and got him over it with probiotics and olive oil and massage

Ok, I had a hen who went through sour crop. This is what I did: Separate her for one day with just water. No food. Although a little veg or olive oil down a syringe would be fine, and gently massaging her crop. This is really hard not to give her food ( at least it was for me) the next day introduce olive oil soaked bread, and maybe plain yogurt. Gradully move to yogurt soaked layer pellets over the next few days then until she is ready for layer pellets, all while keeping her seperated. Getting a hen to throw up is very dangerous. Good luck, and I really hope your hen gets better!!!
hugs.gif

My little hen has a terrible case of sour crop, she won't move is so skinny and won't respond to hardly anything. I took her to the vet he vomited her and gave me anti-yeast medication but said if she doesn't start eating on her own that she might not make it. I'm heartbroken over her she's such a sweet little silkie. He also said I may need to vomit her myself but I don't know when I might need to, I know how to do it but when? Also how can I entice her to eat on her own when she is so weak and doesn't open her eyes for barely anything?

Tube feeding might be the only option but I don't know how sour crop complicates that. As for vomiting her, you could probably feel her crop to know when it's needed.

Is she still being given the anti-yeast drug?

I suppose it might be necessary if the crop isn't emptying on its own. I don't have any personal experience with this so I would suggest doing some searches here and perhaps on the 'net in general and finding out what the consensus advice is.

*Update* I vomited her it went smoothly very quick and she didn't seem too upset about it a bunch of liquid came out which I'm afraid unfortunately means she is not digesting her food...she's getting so skinny I really hope the medicine takes down the inflammation soon so she can get something into her system.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom